Road Gardening News & Tips
- Jeff is going to garden on Saturdays and now he has the combination lock number can easily get gear from the shed - same for anyone who has the combination to the lock.
- Keep an eye on the map of compost bin locations and whether they're full on the Compost Bins Page
- This coming Friday we'll install a simple device to make some of the new raised garden beds self-watering.
- We should have a new base for one of the bins in Shepherd street to install this Friday as well, thanks to Sean
- Check out the new lucerne mulch on the citrus and some other plants - it looks terrific. We got it out before the rain came so it has had a handy watering in over the weekend. Thanks Sydney Council for providing the mulch - much appreciated
- There's plenty of leaves on the bay trees if you want some fresh bay leaves any time - much nicer to cook with than dry ones bought from the shops.
Here are some photos of us gardening last Friday.
Bob planting out the new raised bed garden
Paul and Dominique aerating a bin in Shepherd with a compost auger, and Sarah getting to know them as part of her research